Thursday, July 30, 2009

Come on poo!


Little Reagan is doing better today. Her X-rays show very small amounts of gas distention in her small intestine and colon, so we are at least moving in the right direction. They have started giving her small meals every four hours through the tube in her nose. She has done well so far and has not had any abdominal distention. We are hoping that she starts passing some stool soon, and to be honest I've never wanted to see excrement so bad in my entire life. Having said this, I know later in life Reagan will have a boyfriend that will Google her name and find this post and likely dump her for it, but that will make my job of "screening" appropriate suitors that much easier.
Renna has been doing well and has been off of supplemental O2 for almost 36hours. We are hoping that that continues and we will get to bring her home soon. We would hate to have to separate our little girls, but we've been told that it almost always happens that way with twins in the NICU.
I've posted just a couple of pictures (taken on the 21st of June actually) which I particularly like. I'm sure most of you have noticed that I am going through what I would like to call "The black and white phase" where I think every picture of the girls is better without color, and I also feel it gives our colorblind readers a sense of equality as well. I hope to have some new pictures, both color and monotone, up by this weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Love the pictures, it is amazing to see how far your girls have come. We continue to think of and pray for you!

    ReplyDelete