Sunday, August 9, 2009

The Poo Finally Arrives

Renna gets her first bath at home
Daddy forgets to turn the flash off
Reagan's beautiful face without any tubes


We have some great news about Reagan. The intestinal biopsy came back normal!! What an answered prayer. We are so relieved, it was constantly in the back of my mind that they might find something horrible. They did an enema at the time of the biopsy so we knew it would be a little while before we saw some stool, but we were getting worried because there was nothing happening until tonight. We got a call tonight that Reagan had a huge poop! Part of it even got on my mom since she was up there visiting! We are so excited and proud of her for going on her own without the help of a suppository. It had been four days since the biopsy. She is still taking all of her feedings by bottle and so they have pulled the feeding tube from her nose. It is so wonderful to see her little face without tubes in it. She is so cute! So we aren't sure when she will get to come home but it will likely depend on if she keeps going to the bathroom on her own. We aren't sure what has been causing all of her GI problems so we don't know when it might come back, of course we are hoping it won't. For now we are just rejoicing at the answered prayers of a normal biopsy and poop! It is amazing how you life changes to revolve around eating and pooping schedules of your children. Renna is doing great at home. She is such a quiet and peaceful little baby. I really can't complain at all. I am loving sitting in the recliner snuggling with her. I am sure once Reagan is home I won't have much time for that. Adam and I gave Renna her first bath at home last night (we had given baths twice in the NICU). It was a lot of fun and she liked it okay, but just gave us this crazy look. It was as if she knew maybe we didn't know what we were doing! I can't tell you how much I am loving being a stay at home mom. It truly is a dream come true for me. Right now I honestly can't remember why I went to school all those years to become a veterinarian because I love being a mom so much! Don't get me wrong I am sure one day I will go back to work and use my degree but for now I am loving just being mommy. My job at home will get even more challenging when Reagan comes home and I can't wait to have both my little ladies under one roof. Renna and Reagan are both eating about 50mLs every three hours. Renna weighed 5lbs. 2oz. about two days ago and Reagan now weighs 5lbs. 1oz. and is about to catch up to her big sister. Thanks again for all the prayers. God truly continues to bless us each and everyday. Adam and I are reminded in some way everyday when we are at the NICU how lucky we are to have our little girls both doing so well.

No comments:

Post a Comment