Tuesday, June 30, 2009

More Blood transfusions!

Well I guess I jinxed us yesterday by saying that hopefully we have no more blood transfusions. We got there this morning and Renna was having...you guessed it a transfusion! No big worries. She seems to be doing okay. She has been a little uncomfortable today. I can't even imagine how painful she must be, anyways so she couldn't relax and was grabbing on her vent tube and putting her little hands in a fist!! Poor little lady!! So they sedated her for most of the day. She obviously relaxed after that. She is having only very small amount of drainage from her chest tube. She is still on the ventilator and will be until they can keep her comfortable without sedation. It is so hard to see my little angel like that. It breaks my heart. The goal is to start weaning her off of it tomorrow, but she seems to notice when they decrease the oxygen setting. Renna also still has a heart murmur today...they are unsure exactly why but hopefully it is something that will not require another surgery. They are going to wait and see if it resolves and recheck an echocardiogram of her heart in a few days. Reagan is doing great after her transfusion yesterday. We are getting to hold her three times a day now! We love it!! Especially with Adam spending time up here with us this week, we are all enjoying it. Reagan continues to be our little active girl, she constantly moves into weird places in her bed. It is crazy how much a tiny little girl can move, she has a lot of strenth. I will try to post some pictures of this at some point. Reagan weighed 2lbs. 13 oz. after her transfusion so we are excited she has finally surpassed her birthweight! We appreciate the prayers.

5 comments:

  1. Mendy, I really can not imagine how tough it is for you to see them like that. Just know that they will get better and everything is for their best interest. I can't believe how much I love them already! We're praying for you this week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mendy,
    Your beautiful family is in my prayers. Sawyer was born at 35 weeks due to a placenta abruption and had 2 blood transfusions and spent a week in the NICU. He now is the most awesomest, healthiest giant boy. He said MaMa today for the first time on my birthday! But my heart goes out for you because I kind of know what you are going through. I remember seeing all the preemie twins in the NICU.
    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited to hear that Reagan has gained I thought she had a little more meat on her bones yesterday (or at she was at least less skinny) I love having the blog so I don't have to bother you for an update when I know you need to rest. Please take care if yourselves you guys are such awesome parents,we are so proud of you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mendy and Adam,

    Emily and I are keeping all of you in our prayers. I can't even begin to imagine what you are going through, but know that God never gives us more than we are capable of handling. If we can do anything to help in any way, just let us know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adam and Mendy and girls,
    We are so happy that you set this up so that we can hear from the babies without having to bother anyone. We are getting reports that you two are awesome parents. We are so proud of both of you. You have a tough assignment but doing a great job!! Your entire family is in our thoughts and prayers daily. Give both the girls a kiss from us until we can see them in person. The pictures are great and they look so sweet. Keep up the good work and hang in there. We love you. Aunt Betty Ann and Gary

    ReplyDelete